WAMS is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the 2013 WAMS Junior Driver Development Scholarship are now open. Applications close on Friday 21st June at 5pm AEST.
The scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for the next generation of female drivers to further their motor sport career.
The WAMS JDS does not provide financial assistance, however provides the recipient with the tools necessary for a successful career in motor sport.
The successful applicant will have a scholarship tailored to meet their individual needs, which may include:
- A position at the 2013 AMSF Elite Driver Development Camp
- Fitness assessment and ongoing training program
- Sports Psychology review
- Media training, including Social Media
- Driver training
- Test opportunity
- Networking opportunities
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, applicants must be:
- Female racing drivers holding a current CAMS or AKA competition licence
- Aged between 15 and 24 years as at 8th July 2013 (Parental consent required for applicants under 18 years of age)
- Available to travel over the period 8 – 13 July 2013
The scholarship will run from the period 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014.