The Women of Australian Motor Sport (WAMS) and CAMS, in conjunction with the Singapore Motor Sports Association, are once again providing an incredible opportunity for an experienced female CAMS accredited official to take part in the 2018 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix.
The exchange program between Australia and Singapore is one of WAMS’ signature events and has proven to be a highly successful endeavour for both countries in promoting and encouraging the participation of female motor sport officials.
Now in it’s sixth year, the program has seen previous recipients include Michelle Luke (2013), Trisha Davidson (2014), Natalie Daish (2015), Jacqueline Devereaux (2016) and Susie Brook (2017) who have all taken invaluable officiating learning experiences from their travels to Singapore.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must be a female CAMS Accredited Official of Bronze level or above and be free to travel to Singapore during September 13-17, 2018.
WAMS Vice Chair member and Officials Working Group representative Dr Karyn Lun said that each year has proven to be a fabulous experience and learning opportunity, enabling the recipient to expand their expertise and skillset in and around pitlane.
“WAMS is delighted to offer the Officials Exchange Program between Australia and Singapore. It wouldn’t be possible without the financial support of CAMS and our strong partnership with the Singapore Motor Sports Association to develop women in leadership and senior officiating positions globally.”
To be eligible, you must fulfill all following criteria:
- not have been the recipient of this opportunity in the past;
- be a CAMS accredited official of Bronze grade or higher;
- be an Australian resident
- be 18 years of age or older and hold a current passport with at least 6 months validity from September 2018;
- be available to travel to Singapore for 13-17 September 2018;
- provide details of National and International level officiating experience within the past 12 months (6 days minimum);
- provide contact details of two Senior CAMS officials who support your application and can be contacted for references.
Flights and accommodation costs will be covered by WAMS. Any personal expenses including Visa’s if you do not hold an Australian passport is the responsibility of the recipient.
You can download the WAMS Officials exchange Application form here
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 JULY 2018.