The Women of Australian Motor Sport Committee Junior Development Scholarship (“WAMS JDS”) is a motor sport scholarship for women aimed at providing an opportunity for the next generation of female drivers to further their motor sport career.
The WAMS JDS does not provide financial assistance, instead aiming to provide the recipient with the tools necessary for a successful career in motor sport.
Applications are now open and will close at 5pm AEST Friday 27th June 2014.
The successful applicant will have a scholarship tailored to meet their individual needs, which may include:
• A position at a Driver Development Camp
• Fitness assessment and ongoing training program
• Sports Psychology review
• Nutrition training
• Media training, including Social Media
• Driver training
• Test opportunity
• Networking opportunities
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, applicants must be:
• Female racing drivers holding a current CAMS or AKA competition licence
• Aged between 15 and 24 years as at 8th July 2014 (Parental consent required for applicants under 18 years of age)
• Available to travel to NSW for the fitness camp
• Able to provide minor WAMS signage on their vehicle/suit
• Willing to display a WAMS banner at entered events (where possible)
• Willing to provide regular progress updates throughout the year
To apply, complete the WAMS JDS 2014 Application Form and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a recent photo of yourself and a copy of your competition licence, by 5pm AEST Friday 27 June 2014.
The WAMS selection panel will review all applications and select a winner at their discretion. The selection panel will include experienced drivers and motor sport personnel.
In the unlikely event that no applicant is considered suitable, WAMS is under no obligation to carry through with the scholarship for the dates listed above and reserves the right to extend the application period or re-open applications at a later date The committee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
WAMS JDS 2014 Application form